- Instruction Booklet
- Specimen ID Card
- Hair Specimen Envelope
- Clear Pouch
- Hair Specimen Transport Foil Piece
- Security Label
- Prepaid Standard Shipping Mailer
- With your Specimen ID Card, log on to HairConfirm.com/Register to activate your hair follicle drug test before you collect your hair sample.
- Provide an email and password.
- NOTE: Keep your Specimen ID Card and login information in a safe place to access results at a later date.
Step 2: Collect Hair Sample
- Wipe the scissors with an alcohol wipe.
- Cut 90-120 strands of hair as close to the scalp as possible. The specimen should approximate the width of a pencil.
- NOTE: If collecting body hair, ensure the sample is the size of a cotton ball.
Step 3: Prepare Sample
- Place root ends of sample onto foil area labelled PLACE ROOT END HERE. (Fig. A)
- Crimp foil end over roots. (Fig. B)
- Align hair with center line and fold foil in half. (Fig. C)
- Fold again lengthwise. Be careful not to crumple foil. (Fig. D)
- Fold the Collection Foil lengthwise again. (Fig. E)
The Sample is now ready to be placed into the Hair Specimen Pouch.
Step 4: Mail Your Sample
- Place foil containing your hair sample into Specimen Envelope. Seal envelope with Security Label located on your Specimen ID Card. (Fig. A)
- Keep Specimen ID card in a safe place, as you will need this ID Number and Passcode to register your test and obtain your results.
- The parent/guardian must initial and date the Security Label, and confirm the hair sample type (head/body).
- Place pouch into Prepaid Shipping Mailer. (Fig. B)
- The Specimen is now ready for shipment. Send Specimen Envelope to the address on your Mailer.
- For HairConfirm™ Business: Fill out the Chain of Custody Form and indicate hair sample type (head/body) on form.
- For HairConfirm™ Express: Bring Mailer directly to FedEx for overnight shipping.
Obtaining the Results
- Please wait 5-7 business days for the lab to receive your sample.
- Log on to HairConfirm.com/Results 2-3 business days after the lab receives your sample to view results.
- Type in your login information and Specimen ID Number created during Registration.
- Keep results in a secure area.
- Do not mix body hair with head hair. Do not collect hair from comb or drain.
- Keep Specimen ID Card in a safe place; you will need it to access your results.
- Allow 2-3 business days after the lab receives your sample to access results.
- If you have any questions about how to read the results, please visit the knowledge section on our website, where you will find answers to our most frequently asked questions.
For Customer Support and referral counseling information please call us toll-free at 888-5-CONFIRM. Our Customer Support Agents are available Monday thru Friday, 6:00 am – 4:00pm PST (excluding holidays).